- Get Involved
- Council Actions
- Executive & Finance
- Community Outreach
- Education, Culture & Arts
- Elections & Bylaws
- Fire Station 62
- Green Committee
- Neighborhood Traffic
- Planning & Land Use
- Recreation & Open Space
- Safety & Security
- Santa Monica Airport
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Website Committee
- Mar Vista Bi-Monthly LADOT/CD11/LAPD Traffic
- Community Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Welcome to YOUR Neighborhood!
In June 1999, Los Angeles voters reformed the city charter to create a citywide system of Neighborhood Councils (NCs) "to promote more citizen participation in government and make government more responsive to local needs."
The success of this ongoing and unique experiment in community empowerment depends on our participation as residents.
The Mar Vista Community Council was formed in 2003 by a group of Mar Vista residents who believed that by working together we could accomplish great things for our neighborhoods. We celebrate Mar Vista's diverse population and exceptional community assets that deserve our attention and ongoing investment as residents.
By participating in MVCC, each of us helps ensure that our community grows healthy and strong in every vital aspect (education, transportation, city planning, safety, the environment etc.).
Want to get involved? Here are some great ways to start:
- Visit marvista.org/volunteer or email us at email@example.com. We'll contact you with opportunities to help out in our community.
- Sign up here (link to email notification system) to automatically receive committee meeting notifications, agendas, minutes and other important community news
- Visit us every Sunday morning at the Farmer's Market on Grandview Blvd..
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a committee meeting (see calendar (link))
- Attend a board meeting (see calendar (link))
- Explore the web site and let us know what interests you.
It really does take a village to make a neighborhood! So let us know how you can help. We look forward to meeting you.