- Get Involved
- Council Actions
- Executive & Finance
- Community Outreach
- Education, Culture & Arts
- Elections & Bylaws
- Fire Station 62
- Green Committee
- Neighborhood Traffic
- Planning & Land Use
- Recreation & Open Space
- Safety & Security
- Santa Monica Airport
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Website Committee
- Mar Vista Bi-Monthly LADOT/CD11/LAPD Traffic
- Community Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Monthly Meeting of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
Date:Sep 26 2012 - 7:30pm
The September 26th meeting of the Transportation and infrastructure committee will discuss five important issues in city, state and national government.
1. Should the management of the LA Department of Water and Power negotiate new contracts directly with the IBEW 18 labor union or should negotiations continue to be done by a committee of City Hall insiders?
2. Should Los Angeles have an exclusive waste hauler franchise system for businesses and apartments?
3. Should the Department of Public Works hire a consultant to a conduct a three year, ten million dollar survey of the condition of sidewalks in Los Angeles?
4. Should there be a constituional amendment ensuring that corporations are not entitled to the entirety of protections or "rights" of human beings?
5. Which of the alternate plans in the recent Draft Environmental Impact Report for LAX should the Los Angeles World Airport adopt?
Come to the meeting and voice your opinion!