- Get Involved
- Council Actions
- Executive & Finance
- Community Outreach
- Education, Culture & Arts
- Elections & Bylaws
- Fire Station 62
- Green Committee
- Neighborhood Traffic
- Planning & Land Use
- Recreation & Open Space
- Safety & Security
- Santa Monica Airport
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Website Committee
- Mar Vista Bi-Monthly LADOT/CD11/LAPD Traffic
- Community Resources
- About Us
- Contact Us
Mar Vista Community Council (MVCC) Announces ELECTION DAY 2012!
Submitted by smcommins on Fri Aug 03, 2012, 7:24am
Calling all Mar Vista Neighbors: Want to serve your community? As a member of the Board of Directors of the Mar Vista Community Council you can advise your elected and appointed officials of the City on important issues, such as development projects, traffic, beautification and city budgets. If that interests you, be sure to participate on Sunday October 28, 2012 as Mar Vista stakeholders elect the MVCC’s next Board of Directors. Mar Vista Stakeholders, who are 18 years or older, can vote in the election and run as a candidate for the Board. Following is important information for interested candidates about the election:
REQUIRED STEPS TO BECOME A CANDIDATE:
1. Obtain Candidate Filing Form from Department of Neighborhood Empowerment at http://empowerla.org/mvcc/mar-vista-cc-elections/, and download the MVCC Candidate Packet attached below. Or pick up the MVCC Candidate Packet from the MVCC booth at Mar Vista Farmer’s Market, or download the official Region 11 filing form from this webpage (see attachments below)
2. Candidates must choose to run for an At-Large Director seat (6 seats), a Zone Director seat (6 seats), or the Community Director seat.
3. Submit Candidate Filing Form, the Stakeholders’ Signature of Support form, and appropriate proof of stakeholder status, no later than MIDNIGHT, Friday, September 28, 2012. Forms can be submitted online at the above link, or by mail, fax, or email. For additional information regarding appropriate proof of stakeholder status, please read page two of the MVCC Candidate Packet PDF listed below.
OPTIONAL, BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, DATES FOR CANDIDATES
· Candidate Information Sessions: Tuesday September 11, 2012 at 6:30 pm, Mar Vista Park Recreation Center 11430 Woodbine St., Los Angeles and Sunday September 16, 2012 at 10:00 am, Mar Vista Farmers Market, Grand View Blvd & Pacific Ave, Los Angeles
· Candidate Forum: Thursday October 18, 2012 at 7:00 pm, St. Bede’s Episcopal Church, 3590 Grand View Blvd, Los Angeles.
ELECTION DAY: Sunday October 28, 2012, 10 am – 2 pm, Mar Vista Farmers Market, Grand View Blvd & Pacific Ave., Los Angeles. Further Information on NC Elections for MVCC and the West Los Angeles Region may be found at empowerla.org/west-la/
· The official Region 11 filing form may be downloaded below.
· For Mar Vista specific election information, please download our candidates packet as well
|MVCC-CANDIDATE-PACKET-ELECTION-2012 v.3.pdf||481 KB|