The Standing and Ad Hoc committees of the MVCC are where the business of the Council is first introduced and deliberated. The purpose of a MVCC committee is to deliberate issues presented to the committee, create and vote on motions in response to these issues, and then provide the resultant actions, motions, or recommendations to the Board of Directors of the MVCC. Any action taken by a committee must be submitted to the Board of Directors for final approval.
All committees shall be formed in accordance with the MVCC By-laws Article VIII. Each committee shall have the involvement of at least one (1) Board member. All Board members are expected to serve on at least one committee. All committees shall operate under Rosenberg's Rules of Order and the Brown Act.
Voting membership on any standing or ad hoc committee (except Executive and Finance) is open to any Mar Vista Community Council stakeholder who wishes to attend a meeting of the Committee. Any stakeholder in attendance at an MVCC committee meeting may vote on any issue before the committee.
Any recommendation that comes from a committee must have been approved by a majority of the Stakeholders present at the meeting. In addition, committee chairs must provide minority or opposing views from the committee when presenting a motion for the Board's approval.
MVCC COMMITTEES AND REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING TIMES:
- Airport: 1st Saturday of the month at 6:00 pm
- Mobility: Check Calendar for current day and time
- Outreach: Check Calendar for current day and time
- Community Plan (Ad Hoc): 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm
- Education, Arts, and Culture: Check Calendar for current day and time
- Election and Bylaws: 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm
- Emergency Preparation: Check Calendar for current day and time
- Executive and Finance: 1st Monday of the month at 7:00 pm
- Great Streets (Ad Hoc): Check Calendar for current day and time
- Homeless Issues: Check Calendar for current day and time
- Planning and Land Use Management (PLUM): Check Calendar for current day and time
- Public Health and Safety: Check Calendar for current day and time
- Transportation and Infrastructure: 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:30 pm
(Meeting dates and locations may vary; physical postings at the Mar Vista Park or online at our website take precedence over these generic timings. Please register on the hoepage of this site and subscribe to specific committee's newsletters to receive up-to-date information.)
If you would like to be notified of our meetings and receive the agendas via email, go to L.A. City's website and sign up using their simple form.