The Standing and Ad Hoc committees of the MVCC are where the business of the Council is first introduced and deliberated. The purpose of a MVCC committee is to deliberate issues presented to the committee, create and vote on motions in response to these issues, and then provide the resultant actions, motions, or recommendations to the Board of Directors of the MVCC. Any action taken by a committee must be submitted to the Board of Directors for final approval.
All committees shall be formed in accordance with the MVCC By-laws Article VIII. Each committee shall have the involvement of at least one (1) Board member. All Board members are expected to serve on at least one committee. All committees shall operate under Robert's Rules of Order and the Brown Act.
Voting membership on any standing or ad hoc committee (except Executive and Finance) is open to any Mar Vista Community Council stakeholder who wishes to attend a meeting of the Committee. Any stakeholder in attendance at an MVCC committee meeting may vote on any issue before the committee.
Any recommendation that comes from a committee must have been approved by a majority of the Stakeholders present at the meeting. In addition, committee chairs must provide minority or opposing views from the committee when presenting a motion for the Board's approval.
MVCC COMMITTEES AND REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING TIMES:
- Education, Arts, and Culture Committee: 1st Tuesday at 6:30 pm at the MV Library Community Room
- Election and Bylaws Committee: 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:00 pm at Windward School Room 1030
- Executive and Finance Committee: 1st Monday of the month at 7:00 pm at Coffee Connection Station Room
- Outreach Committee: 3rd Thursday at 6:30pm at Saint Andrew's Church, Narthex Room
- Planning and Land Use Management (PLUM): 1st Tuesday at 7:00 pm at Windward School Room 210
- > Community Plan (Ad Hoc) Subcommittee: 4th Tuesday at 7:30 pm at Saint Andrews Narthex Room
- > Renters' Subcommittee: 3rd Saturday at 2pm at Coffee Connection
- Public Health and Safety Committee: 1st Wednesday at 6:00 pm at Windward School Room 1030
- > COVID Ad Hoc Subcommittee: Saturdays 10am
- > Emergency Preparation Subcommittee: 3rd Monday at 7:00 pm at Coffee Connection Ramp Room Lounge
- > Homeless Issues Subcommittee: 3rd Wednesday at 6:30pm at Mar Vista Library Community Room
- Transportation and Infrastructure Committee: 1st Thursday at 7:00 pm at Windward School Room 1030
- > Great Streets (Ad Hoc) Subcommittee: 2nd Wednesday at 6:30 pm at MV Library Community Room
- > Mobility Subcommittee: 4th Monday at 7:00 pm at Windward School Room 1030
MVCC Committees' Monthly Meeting Times by Day of the Month
- 1st Monday at 7:00 pm at Coffee Connection, Station Room - Executive & Finance Committee
- 1st Tuesday at 6:30 pm at the MV Library Community Room - Education, Arts & Culture Committee
- 1st Tuesday at 7:00 pm at Windward School Room 210 - Planning & Land Use Management Committee (PLUM)
- 1st Wednesday at 7:30 pm at Windward School Room 1030 - Public Health & Safety Committee
- 1st Thursday at 6:00 pm at Windward School Room 1030 - Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- 2nd Tuesday at 7:00pm at MV Recreation Center Auditorium - Board of Directors
- 2nd Wednesday at 6:30 pm at MV Library Community Room - Great Streets (Ad Hoc) Subcommittee
- 3rd Monday at 7:00 pm at Coffee Connection Ramp Room Lounge - Emergency Preparation Subcommittee
- 3rd Wednesday at 6:30pm at MV Library Community Room - Homeless Issues Subcommittee
- 3rd Thursday at 6:30pm at Saint Andrew's Church, Narthex Room - Outreach Committee
- 3rd Saturday at 2pm at Coffee Connection Ramp Room Lounge - Renters' Subcommittee
- 4th Monday at 7:00 pm at Windward School Room 1030 - Mobility Subcommittee
- 4th Tuesday at 7:30 pm at Saint Andrews Narthex Room - Community Plan (Ad Hoc) Subcommittee
- 4th Wednesday at 6:00 pm at Windward School Room 1030 - Election & Bylaws Committee
(Meeting dates and locations may vary from month to month; physical postings at the Mar Vista Park or online at our website take precedence over these generic timings. Please register on the homepage of this site and subscribe to specific committee's newsletters to receive up-to-date information.)
Please, check our Calendar to ensure that a meeting has not been cancelled. Click on the meeting, and you will access the accurate time and location of the meeting. You will also be able to download or print the Agenda, Meeting Packets (if any), and Minutes (when posted). Physical postings of the agendas are at the Mar Vista Recreation Center, 11430 Woodbine Street.