Mar Vista Community Council
Lawn Be Gone at the Green TentPosted on 03/08/15
Event Date 03/08/15
Want to save water? Ready to replace your thirsty lawn with drought-tolerant California Friendly Landscaping? Don’t know where to start?
Then stop by the Green tent this Sunday, March 8th, and learn about the free California Friendly Landscape Training classes and “Lawn Be Gone” hands-on workshops offered by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power.
Attend a California Friendly Landscape Training class, and in three hours will learn the essentials of how to transform your lawn into a beautiful, drought-tolerant California friendly landscape that that sponges up water and nourishes your plants without fertilizers, provides food and shelter for pollinators, and uses rainwater as a resource to minimize and even eliminate the need for supplemental irrigation.
Then come and play in the dirt with us and apply your new knowledge in a three-hour “Lawn be Gone” hands-on workshop where you will participate in installing a rain barrel, successfully removing lawn without harmful chemicals, building a rain garden to capture and retain rainwater, and making “soil lasagna” (sheet mulching) to build healthy soil ready for planting.
DWP customers who attend a Lawn Be Gone hands-on workshop will receive a coupon for free garden coaching.
Interested in being a host for an upcoming “Lawn Be Gone” hands-on workshop? Drop by and chat with trainers Tom Rau and Steve Williams this Sunday and they'll will answer your questions about:
- How do I sign up for the DWP $3.75 per square foot turf removal rebate?
- How do I sign up for a free California Friendly Landscape Training class?
- How do I sign up for a free Lawn Be Gone hands-on workshop?
- How do I apply to host an upcoming Lawn Be Gone hands-on workshop?
- Where do I find California native and California Friendly and California native plants?
- Where can I find qualified professionals to help me with my project?