This agency provides the City's older population and caregivers information about available community resources and the numerous services provided within the City. They administer the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) and oversee the Home and Community Based Technical Assistance Program and the Adult Day Support Centers.
- Information and Assistance Hotline: 1-800-834-4777
- Elder Abuse Emergency Line: 1-800-992-1660
- Felicia Mahood Multipurpose Center, 310-479-4119
- Israel Levin Senior Center, 310-396-0205
- Westchester Senior Center, 310-649-3317
- Westminster Senior Center, 310-396-3557
Los Angeles World Airports (LAX, Ontario, Palmdale, Van Nuys) is responsible for the management, supervision and control of all airports and airport facilities under the jurisdiction of the City of Los Angeles.
- General Information: 310-646-5252
- Residential Soundproofing for the City of Los Angeles: 310-417-0940
- Community Relations at LAX: 310-646-5742
- Noise Complaints: 310- 646-9410
The Department of Animal Services is the City Department that issues animal licenses and administers our Animal Control Centers.
- General Information (including Animal Adoption questions): 1-888-452-7381
- Dog License Information: 213-482-9550
- West Los Angeles Animal Shelter: 11950 Missouri Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90025, 1-888-452-7381 extension 144.
The Department of Building & Safety enforces the City's planning and zoning ordinances and issues building permits for construction in the City. To check who the inspector is for a particular construction site or to see if a particular construction site has an issued permit, please check Building & Safety's website and click on 'Property Activity Report'. Also contact Building & Safety if there is excess debris in a home or an abandoned vehicle in a yard.
- General Information: 1-888-524-2845
The Commission For Children, Youth and Their Families serves as an advocate to improve the life of children, youth and families through public policy, research and education.
- General Information: 213-978-1840
The City Attorney prosecutes criminal and civil matters involving the City of Los Angeles. They also administer a number of crime prevention initiatives such as the Neighborhood Prosecutor Program and the City-wide Nuisance Abatement Program. They also offer a free Dispute Resolution Program with experienced mediators who assist residents in resolving disputes.
- General Information (Civil): 213-978-7840
- General Information (Criminal): 213-978-8310
- Dispute Resolution: 310-202-2837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neighborhood Prosecutor/Nuisance Abatement Programs: 310-575-8500
To file a claim against the City of Los Angeles, please refer to the City Clerk's office. Claim forms are also available online by visiting
- www.cityclerk.lacity.org or by calling 213-978-1133.
- City Council Agendas 213-978-1133
- Ordinances, LA Municipal Code, LA City Charter 213-978-1133
The Los Angeles City Council meets Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday in the John Ferraro Council Chambers, Room 340, City Hall, 200 North Spring Street, at 10:00 a.m.
- Broadcast coverage of Council meetings: CityView Channel 35
- For Audio, Call:
- 213-621-CITY (Metro)
- 310-471-CITY (Westside)
The Community Development Department administers the LA Bridges Program, oversees the Youth and Family Centers, oversees the Youth Opportunity Movement, administers neighborhood development in the City of Los Angeles and undertakes many of the City of Los Angeles' grant writing efforts.
- General Information: 213-744-7300
- Youth and Family Centers in Council District 11:
- Tom Bradley Youth and Family Center: (323) 692-0669
- Vera Davis McClendon (Oakwood) Youth and Family Center: 767 California Avenue, Venice
Cultural Affairs offers many services that encourage a variety of art skills in the City of Los Angeles. They administer the Public Arts Programs, Cultural Grant Programs, Arts Centers and Photography Centers.
- General Information: 213-202-5500
- To obtain a Mural Permit: 213-202-5523
The Department on Disability is committed to insuring full access of services to persons with disabilities.
- General Information: 213-485-6334
The Office of Finance provides information to businesses and individuals regarding the City's tax and fee collection programs. To obtain a business license, pay business taxes or obtain permits, contact the Office of Finance.
- Customer Service Center: 213-473-5901
- West LA Office: 310-575-8888
- 1828 Sawtelle Blvd, #102, Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Westchester Office: 213-473-6750
- 7166 W. Manchester Ave, #9, Westchester 90045
- Reporting Emergencies: 9-1-1 or 213-485-6180
- Fire Station in the Council District 11:
- Fire Station 5 (Westchester) 6621 W. Manchester Ave., LA 90045 213-485-6205
- Fire Station 19 (Brentwood) 12229 Sunset Blvd., LA 90049 310-575-8519
- Fire Station 23 (Pacific Palisades) 17281 Sunset Blvd., Pacific Palisades 310-575-8523
- Fire Station 59 (West Los Angeles) 11505 W. Olympic Blvd., WLA 90025 310-575-8559
- Fire Station 62 (Mar Vista/Del Rey): 3631 Centinela Ave., LA 90066 310.575-8562
- Fire Station 63 (Venice): 1930 Shell Ave., Venice 90291 310.575-8563
- Fire Station 69 (Pacific Palisades) 15045 Sunset Blvd., Pacific Palisades 310-575-8569
- Fire Station 109 (Brentwood) 16500 Mulholland Drive, LA 90049 818-756-8610
- Brush Clearance Unit: 818-374-1111
- Community Emergency Response Team Training: 818-756-9674
The Housing Department oversees the Code Enforcement Program, housing complaints and the Rent Stabilization Ordinance. They investigate landlord/tenant disputes. They also advocate for affordable housing in the City of Los Angeles.
- Public Information and customer service: 1-866-557-7368
- Westside Regional Office: 310-524-1200
- 3415 S. Sepulveda Blvd, 15th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90034
The Housing Authority provides housing options and oversees the City's Conventional Housing Developments and administers the Section 8 Housing Program in the City of Los Angeles.
- General Information: 213-252-2500
- Conventional Housing Developments in Council District 11:
- Mar Vista Gardens: 310.398.5763
The Commission is committed to reducing community conflict and tension and to building strong inter-group relations across the lines of race, religion, sexual orientation and disability.
- General Information: 213-978-1660
This agency monitors the City's cable franchise providers and assists in resolving complaints.
- Cable TV Consumer Complaint Hotline: 213-922-8380
- General Information: 213-228-7000
- Renew Materials Toll Free: 1-888-577-5275
- Libraries in Council District 11:
- Brentwood: Donald Kaufman Brentwood Branch 310-575-8273
- Mar Vista 310-390-3454
- Pacific Palisades 310-459-2754
- Playa Vista 310-437-6680
- Venice (Abbot Kinney Branch) 310-821-1769
- Westchester-Loyola Village 310-348-1096
- West LA Branch 310-575-8323
- General Land Use Information: 213-482-7077
- Non-Emergency Police Response 1-877-275-5273
- 24 Hour Anonymous Tip Line 1-877-529-3855
- Narcotics Hotline 1-800-662-2878
- Noise Enforcement 213-473-7840
- Report Terrorist Threat: 1-877-284-7328
- Police Stations in Council District 11:
- Pacific Area Police Station: 310-482-6334
- 12312 Culver Boulevard, Los Angeles 90066
- West LA Area Police Station: 310-444-0701
- 1663 Butler Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90025
- General Information: 213-978-0259
Administers contracts and permits for public works construction.
- General Information: 213-580-1382
- West LA Inspection Branch: 310-575-8391
- 1828 Sawtelle Blvd., #302, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Prepares designs/estimates for major public improvement projects. Issues engineering
- West LA Office: 310-575-8384
- 1828 Sawtelle Blvd., 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90025
The Bureau of Sanitation provides refuse collection (blue, green or black cans), bulky item pick up and provides collection points for disposal of hazardous waste.
- Recycling and Refuse Collection Services: 1-800-773-2489
- Bulky Item Pick-Up Request: 1-800-773-2489
- Household Hazardous Waste and Used Motor Oil Recycling: 1-800-988-6942
- Hyperion Treatment Plant S.A.F.E. Collection Center: 1-800-988-6942
- UCLA S.A.F.E. Collection Center 1-800-988-6942
The Bureau of Street Lighting designs, constructs, maintains and repairs the City's street lights. They also coordinate the Lighting Assessment Districts in the City of Los Angeles.
- Street Lights Out or Damaged (DWP) 800-342-5397
- Request for new lights or upgrades 213-847-6382
- Emergency after-hours DWP Electric Trouble Board: 1-800-821-5278
Street Services is the department if you're inquiring about:
- Tree Trimming
- Street Resurfacing
- Street Use Inspection
- Lot Cleaning (alley clean-up)
- Street Maintenance (Street Sweeping and pothole repairs)
The Bureau of Street Services is the bureau that administers roadway improvements.
If there's a pothole in your neighborhood, the Street Maintenance Division of Street Services will fill it. Street Maintenance also performs street sweeping, street resurfacing and tree trimming in the City of Los Angeles. Street Use Inspectors are also part of Street Services and their responsibility is to inspect obstructions in the public right-of-way.
- General Information: 1-800-966-2489 or call 3-1-1
- Office of Community Beautification
- Graffiti Removal: 311 or 866-4 LA CITY or
- Pacific Graffiti Solutions, 310-204-2749, email@example.com
The Department of Recreation and Parks administers, maintains and operates parks and public land set aside for recreational use in the City of Los Angeles.
- General Information: 1-888-527-2757
- Emergency 24-Hour Line: 323-913-7390
The Commission on the Status of Women's purpose is to advise the Mayor and the City Council on the needs and issues affecting women and promote their general welfare in the City of Los Angeles.
- General Telephone: 213-978-0300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Transportation (DOT) oversees an array of transportation needs in our community. They administer the DASH and Commuter Express buses, and also provide transportation services to many of our elderly residents via City Ride. DOT is also responsible for installing and maintaining stop signs, speed limit signs and street name signs. Our Automated Traffic Surveillance and Control (ATSAC) System (traffic signals) is also controlled by DOT.
DOT's jurisdiction also includes parking enforcement and preferential parking and speed hump installation. Additionally, they regulate taxicab franchises in the City.
- To report a mobile ad trailer, call the DOT Parking Enforcement Communications Division at 213-485-4181. Immediately Press "2" to report a parking violation. Be ready to provide the trailer license plate number and the street block location.
- General Information 213-485-4184
- Emergency Calls 818-752-5100
- Abandoned Vehicles 1-800-222-6366
- City Ride 310-808-7433
- Dial-A-Ride 323-666-0895
- Speed Humps (Western District Office) 310-575-8138
- Immediate Parking Enforcement Dispatch Number (blocked driveways) 213-485-4184
- Parking Violation Hotline 866-561-9742
- Traffic Information: www.trafficinfo.lacity.org
- 24-Hour General Information: 1-800-342-5397
Non-City Department Resource Guide
Los Angeles Consumer Affairs
- Consumer Information & Complaints 213-974-1452